Nancy Sinton, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, MBA
Yoga Therapist, Yoga Educator, Yoga Teacher
“I inspire people to discover their intrinsic power to heal. I also educate healthcare professionals to value yoga therapy as a recognized and respected therapy and a complementary approach to their practices.”
Greetings! Allow me to introduce myself. I began practicing yoga in 1998. I have been teaching yoga since 2006. I started Yoga For Your Health in 2013 and changed the name to Breathlink Yoga Therapy in 2014. My yoga therapy specialty is working with people who are going through major life changes. That might be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual change. Every stage of life has its challenges. Some people ride these waves with ease and others take detours which include stress, anxiety and depression. Through personal experience I have found yoga to help me navigate this interesting path.
I would like to thank many teachers who have played an important role on my journey of yoga:
* Edely Wallace, Founder and Director of Yogamatrix Studio, Orlando, Florida. Thank you Edely for guiding me through the Yogamatrix 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program (2006) and the 500 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program (2015). From 2006 through 2014 I had the pleasure of teaching at the Yogamatrix Studio and teaching in the 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Program.
Check it out: Yogamatrix Studio
* Heather Mason, Owner and Director of The Minded Institute, London, England. Thank you Heather for guiding me through your Professional Certification Program in Minded Yoga Therapy (2013-2015). The Minded Institute has an internationally acclaimed yoga therapy program which combines Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Mindfulness, Mental Health, Neuroscience, Psychotherapeutic Principles and the latest research on yoga as therapy. I am grateful to Heather for the opportunity to teach and lecture in London. It was a pleasure teaching with Heather in January 2015 at Kripalu Center in Stockbridge, Massachusetts a 5 day program called “Yoga, the Brain and Mental Health”.
Check it out: The Minded Institute
* Nischala Joy Devi, founder of Abundant Well Being. Thank you Nischala for introducing me to the power of yoga therapy for healing through your 10 day course at Kripalu Center in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, “Yoga of the Heart” (2009) – focused on adapting yoga for Heart Disease, Cancer and Other Life Threatening Diseases. This course was the driving force behind the course I developed called The Healing Power of Yoga. It also prepared me for my current yoga teaching at The UF Health Cancer Center in Orlando as part of the Cancer Support Community within the Integrative Medicine Department of Orlando Health. UF Health is a partnership between the University of Florida and the Orlando Health organizations.
Check it out: Abundant Well Being
* Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg, authors of The Healing Power of the Breath. Thank you Dick and Pat for introducing me to the healing power of the breath for mental health. This 5 day course at Kripalu Center in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, “Breath~Body~Mind” was my first introduction to learning to work with breathing techniques for mental health issues. The book is excellent and includes a CD!
Check it out: The Healing Power of the Breath
* Master Robert Giorgio, Sudbury, Massachusetts. Thank you for your guidance (1998-2005) as I achieved a second degree black belt in Taekwon-do. It was along this path that I began my journey of yoga!
* Master Sifu Nguyen, Orlando, Florida. Thank you for expanding my knowledge of martial arts into Qigong and Kung Fu. This training helped me to learn the power of focus, concentration and meditation.
* My husband Bill and my two sons Chip and Danny and our dog Teddy. Over the course of my journey I have learned that open communication, positive relationships and ownership for one’s health are the most important aspects of life. Thank you to each of you for the learning and growing and changing that I have experienced and continue to experience with each of you:)
* My parents Anne and Bill. Thank you for the support and love you have shown me every step of the way. I appreciate your wisdom and kindness!
Please note: The yoga therapy components of my teaching are based on my trainings with The Minded Institute, Nischala Joy Devi and Dr. Richard Brown and Dr. Patricia Gerbarg – not derived from my status as an E-RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance Registry.